Posted in Uncategorized Mar 06
- Crisis Intervention / emergency response/ hotline assistance
- One or two day training on Commercial Sexual Exploitation/Protocols Defining exploitation from trafficking.
- Bilateral Strategies to address International trafficking can be done in English and Spanish.
- Understanding organized crime
- Internet Crimes and awareness pornography
- Defining an unaccompanied minor and vulnerability to trafficking ENG and Spanish.
- Organ trafficking , organ tourism/US involvement
- Take 25 in partnership with the Center for Missing and Exploited Children
- recognizing and Investigating Human trafficking
- Health Concerns/ in trafficking and exploitationWe can also tailor a training according to you needs , we also use our multiple coalition expert partners national and international Cost of travel and lodging for expert
- 1 to 2 hrs 150.00/ materials included
- all day 500.00/ materials included/ 15 for food
- 2 Day training 700.00 /20 for food
- Out of town: Hotel/ travel/ and food costs 500.00 donation to BSCC
PCI and the Bilateral Safely Corridor Coalition (BSCC) would like to cordially invite you to our next
The San Diego Foundation
2508 Historic Decatur Rd., Suite 200
San Diego, CA 92106
on Tuesday, March 11th, 2014, 11:30 am – 1:00 pm
Several guests from the community with be presenting on their anti-trafficking work in reducing demand, increasing public awareness and education, and reducing supply.
We will also continue our discussion on how we can work together to combat this serious problem right here at the San Diego/Tijuana border region and strategize on our Awareness, Action, Accountability (AAA) campaign.
For questions or more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
* Please find attached the notes and framework from the previous meeting.
SACRAMENTO – Senator Marty Block (SD-39) recently introduced legislation, SB 939, which would streamline prosecution of human trafficking charges and help victims avoid the trauma of testifying in multiple jurisdictions against their traffickers.
SB 939 would permit the consolidation of serial human trafficking, pimping, and pandering charges into a single trial if all the involved jurisdictions agree. Frequently, victims are taken to multiple cities and counties for labor and commercial sex exploitation. Prosecution involves trials in each of the multiple locations where the crimes occurred. Current law allows for the consolidation of other serial sexual offenses occurring in multiple jurisdictions.
“Human trafficking is among the most despicable and odious of crimes because traffickers treat victims as property to be used and sold,” Block said. “SB 939 will save money for our court system and will eliminate the need for victims, witnesses, and defendants to travel to multiple counties to testify in court proceedings. Currently, victims must travel to each jurisdiction where the crimes occurred and testify multiple times in front of their traffickers. Multiple trials only repeat the trauma.”
While in the Assembly, Block successfully authored a measure to help stem human trafficking, AB 2212, which allows local law enforcement to shut down sites engaged in human trafficking as a per se nuisance. It also allows financial penalties to be levied against the property owners of the sites to help fund programs for victims. Last year, he introduced SB 473 which would add human trafficking to the list of crimes used to define a criminal street gang under the Street Terrorism Enforcement and Prevention Act to ensure that the prosecution and punishment of gang members exploiting human lives is comparable to the prosecution of gang members engaged in robbery and narcotic sales.
SB 939 is co-sponsored by the District Attorneys of Riverside, San Diego, Alameda and Orange Counties.
Posted in Uncategorized Sep 18
SAVE THE DATE!
Verdi’s A MASKED BALL
- Friday, FEBRUARY 28, 2014 at 6:00pm
- WOMEN’s MUSEUM OF CALIFORNIA (2730 Historic Decatur Rd #104 San Diego, CA 92106)
- A presentation on Giuseppe Verdi’s A Masked Ball (Un ballo in maschera), featuring:
- Nicolas Reveles, The Geisel Director of Education and Outreach, San Diego Opera
- SUPPORT BSCC
- You can support BSCC simply by enjoying a magnificent evening at San Diego Opera’s A Masked Ball. 20% of your ticket price will go directly to fund the excellent work carried out by BSCC, as it works to end human trafficking in the Americas. a masked ball by Giuseppe Verdi
Learn about Verdi’s opera A Masked Ball, in preparation for
BSCC NIGHT AT THE OPERA. Friday, March 14
Inspired by the real-life assassination of King Gustavus III after which
Anckarström was actually beheaded, A Masked Ball is powerful,
threatening, dangerous and romantic. The music is some of Verdi’s
best and with artists of the caliber assembled by San Diego Opera, this production promises to be one of the most powerful, musical and dramatic ever seen on the San Diego stage.
Dr. Nicolas Reveles
BSCC NIGHT AT THE OPERA
March Friday, 14, 2014
THIS IS A FREE EVENT
For more information, please call (619) 336-0770
Photo by Dan Rest/Lyric Opera of Chicago
DON’T FORGET TO BUY YOUR TICKET IN ADVANCE FOR THE OPERA EVENT NOW!
MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH SAN DIEGO OPERA:
Support the Bilateral Safety Corridor Coalition (BSCC) to End Human Trafficking in the Americas
You can support BSCC simply by enjoying a magnificent evening at San Diego Opera. Purchase tickets to San Diego Opera’s production of A Masked Ball by Giuseppe Verdi and 20% of your ticket price will go to fund the work of San Diego’s BSCC, a 501(c)3 non-profit organization working tirelessly to preserve the dignity and well-being of commercially and sexually exploited men, women and children through prevention, intervention and education.
Your Night at the Opera
Verdi’s A Masked Ball: Inspired by the real-life assassination of King Gustav III after which Anckarström was actually beheaded, A Masked Ball is powerful, threatening, dangerous and romantic. The music is some of Verdi’s best and with artists of the caliber assembled by San Diego Opera, this production promises to be one of the most powerful, musical and dramatic ever seen on the San Diego stage. A Masked Ball will be grand opera at it’s most grand!
||Free Backstage Tour of the San Diego Civic Theatre|
||Gorgeous VIP Reception hosted by the BSCC|
||Take our seats for Verdi’s A Masked Ball|
||Keep the party going at San Diego Opera’s post-show event, AfterGlow, where you can mingle with the cast and enjoy a signature cocktail|
|A Masked Ball on Friday March 14, 2014
at San Diego Civic Theatre, Third Avenue and B Street, Downtown San Diego
With heartfelt thanks,
Click on the Link below to Purchase your tickets
Posted in Uncategorized